Hey there, friends! Today I’m going to give you an easy to follow guide on how to make Instagram highlight covers with Canva. These covers are great not only for the aesthetic of your page, but also can be great for highlighting your blog, business, and brand!
Creating your own story highlights is easier than you’d think, so I have put together this step-by-step tutorial to walk you through it. Also, if you like the ones I use on my Instagram, you’ll be able to get your own FREE Instagram highlight covers!Just keep reading to find out how!
What Are Highlight Covers?
Story Highlights allow you to display your favorite stories on your profile, even after they have been removed from your original story for over 24 hours.
When someone takes a look at your page, people first look at the number of followers you have, then your bio, and your story highlights are right below that, front and center on your profile. They are a powerful way to choose what you want your visitors to learn about you or your business as soon as they come to your page.
How To Make Instagram Highlight Covers with Canva
Canva is my go-to for SO many things! It’s free, easy to use, and is the best way to DIY your highlight icon templates. Lets get CREATIVE!
Go to Canva.com
Create a new design using custom dimensions – 1080px x 1920px. when you upload them to your Instagram profile, you’ll be able to zoom in & out to get the perfect size, but keep in mind that the more you zoom in, the lower the resolution.3. On the left hand side, select background. You can also purchase a premium background for $1. I chose two different colors and split it! Get crafty, friends!
4. Once you have selected a background, decide what categories you are going to create. For mine I have chosen Music, Insta Course, and Blog! Choose whatever best represents your brand!
5. Next choose your icons! Canva has an amazing selection of free icons. You can also find icons on Creative Market
6. Duplicate the page and change the text and icon for each category.
7. Save your highlights by clicking download in the top right corner. I like to download mine as a PNG image.
8. Upload the highlights to your Instagram stories.
9. Name your highlight cover
10. Hooray! YOU’RE DONE!
Free Instagram Highlight Covers
If you love my highlight covers you can download my collection of Rose/Gold Instagram Highlight Cover Icons absolutely FREE. Be sure to tag me on @Travel_tothebeat so that I can see your creations.
Stumped on what travel related hashtags to use? Head HERE.
I hope this was helpful! If you need help with growing your account, getting sponsors on board, and monetizing, head over to this blog post!