To me, camping festivals are ONE MILLION times better than city festivals. Better vibes, better people, and the party goes all night! However, things can get a little dicey if you don’t bring the right items. I learned the hard way that in order to have an amazing experience, it’s all in the gear!
Below you will find my essential camping festival packing list that I personally use and love!
Camping Festival Packing List
Festival camping gear I use at each and every music festival
The ultimate festival tent- it’s cheap, and fits 2 comfortably!
Just in case it rains (believe me, it ALWAYS does!)
This is a game changer for your back
comes in red, navy, and blue!
I always try and bring my own
These things are gold for relaxing during a set!
To get out of the sun
Makes a big difference at night
Rolls so you can drag it to the campsite easy
For when it gets extra cold at night
For putting food on or playing pong on
Perfect for after hour cuddle puddles!
Miscellaneous Festival Necessities
Trust me, you will use it
For keeping our earth green
For when your car battery dies
For when the lines to the shower are insanely long
For keeping mosquitos off at night
I also use this on my hiking and camping trips!
Shit gets dusty
THE ULTIMATE FESTIVAL CHARGER! It has both android and Iphone, and charges up your phone super fast, and it gets 3 charges.
For bringing back your serotonin
For energy and nutrients
For relaxing during the day in the trees
For protecting your ears from the BASSS
Your hands will get dirty!
For drinking and Pong
Fun Things to Bring to A Music Festival
I always bring these items with me, because whats a festival without glitter and beads!
Write a fun caption and pin it to strangers!
Because plastic, ESPECIALLY MICROPLASTICS, are bad for the environment!
To get the glitter to stick!
These fans from Clack That Fan won’t break and are THE BEST FANS EVER
Best Food To Take To A Festival
- Trail Mix
- Cliff Bars or protein bars
- Crystal Light to mix with water for a chaser!
- Pretzels and chips and party snacks
- Coffee grounds for the morning
- string cheese if you have a cooler
- Mixers – 10 points to gryffindor if you bring mixers for mimosas and bloody marys!
- LOTS OF WATER!
- PINEAPPLE BECAUSE WHY NOT
My Favorite Shops For Festival Clothes and Outfits
This was one of my fave festie outfits ever!
American Eagle’s Leotards
Their leotards are perfect – show just enough skin!
For boho style and fun accessories
Vibedration Hydration Paks
I have the laser kitty one!
Biodegradable Glitter From Eco Star Dust
Because glitter is plastic, which is SO bad for the environment!
Clothes To Bring
- warm clothes for nighttime (jacket/sweatshirt)
- underwear and extra socks!
- long pants/leggings
- closed toed shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy
- rain boots (for when everything gets flooded and walking to the bathrooms)
- 2 pairs of cheap sunglasses (I always lose mine!)
- Bathing suit
- 1 costume
- bandana for the dust
Laura’s 7 Camping Festival Tips!
- Your phone will die, so bring a couple portable chargers, and when charging your phone in the car, make sure not to kill the car’s battery! Happens every year! Also, make sure you set a meeting point at the end of the night with your friends in case your phone does die.
- Designate a spot in the at the sets viewing area where you and your friends can go! That way if someone wants to venture off, they can find you guys later
- Don’t be a #mainstagequeen! My favorite sets have actually been ones I wasn’t expecting or I didn’t know the artist. Festivals can be stressful if you’re only focused on seeing certain people – let loose and explore! It’s about the vibes and the experience after all!
- Always make sure your camel pak is filled and drink lots of water!
- PLEASE BE SMART and if you’re going to buy drugs from strangers – GET THEM TESTED! So many people OD’d at festivals this year because their drugs were laced with Fentanyl. Be careful.
- Attend a workshop or go explore during the day!
- If you find someone who is lost or anxious, try and be a good person and help them or find some help.
Do you have a favorite music festival? Let me know in the comments below! Mine is for sure Holy Ship! – read about my experience HERE!